The Ademco Wireless Network is a wireless mesh network dedicated to the transmission of fire DECAM, security, equipment failure, medical emergencies and other critical alarms.
The Mesh Wireless Network was approved in 1998, by iDA, and Singapore Civil Defence Force, and attained country-wide coverage in 1999. It gradually became the de-facto transmission for DECAM and backup alarms in Singapore.
Today, the Mesh Wireless Network is serving thousands of private and government organisations, with an excellent record.
Unlike other conventional wired and wireless transmission, the Mesh Wireless Network has the following advantages.
- Supervised: notification upon transceiver failure or tampering
- NO single point of failure: Real backup transmission
- NO congested period: No alarm signals on queue
- Smart Mesh Network: Always seeking 7 homing routes
- Faster Transmission: Mere seconds; No dialing needed
- Faster to install and recover
- Not prone to conventional or GSM network jammers
- Encrypted: Higher security
- Lower cost of installation and maintenance
- Minimum impact from severe weather